- What does Té Tao mean?
Té Tao means "the path to virtue" in the Chinese language.
- When was Té Tao first launched
and where is it currently sold?
Té Tao was originally launched in the UK in 1997, and is
currently sold in 16 countries including Canada.
- How long and where has Té Tao been
sold in the U.S.?
Té Tao has been sold in the US since June, 2000. Click here
to see a list of stores that carry the Té Tao products.
- What do the 5 elements represent?
In Chinese philosophy, everyone has a personality that corresponds to the five elements: earth, fire, metal, wood, and water. Té Tao shampoo and conditioners correspond to these five elements and work to balance your hair in the way herbal remedies work to balance your inner self.
- Fire Type: Quick to express thought and feelings and warm-hearted. Prone to burnout, which is likely to have an effect on your hair, which tends to be dry, damaged and tired-looking. Té Tao Ginseng Tea Tonic Shampoo and Conditioner can help to nourish and revive the damaged hair.
- Earth Type: Solid and steady in a crisis, the earth person has great inner strength but can be prone to overindulging in rich foods and a flamboyant lifestyle, leading to rather oily skin and hair. Té Tao Lemongrass Tea Shine Shampoo and Conditioner can help to balance and regulate oily hair.
- Metal Type: An intellectual approach to life, metal types are quick-thinking and intelligent, however they can also be restrained and withdrawn. This can mean dry, frizzy, flyaway hair. Té Tao Jasmine Tea Calming Shampoo and Conditioner can help to moisturize dry hair.
- Water Type: Truly idiosyncratic, you are a visionary with a great purpose in life. Unconditional in every way, this means that your hair tends to be fine, flyaway, and lacking in volume. Té Tao Lotus Tea Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner can help to add volume and shine to fine hair.
- Wood Type: Wood types are pioneers, assertive and highly motivated. You get things done, but you can push yourself to the limit, which means that your exhausted mind can lead to exhausted hair; dry and brittle with a sensitive scalp. Té Tao Bamboo Tea Soothing Shampoo and Conditioner can help to clean and regulate dry hair.
- Who is the target consumer for hair
care and body care?
The target consumer for hair care and body care are women 18-49 who are educated and sophisticated. They are interested and familiar with alternative therapies and willing to pay more money for natural ingredients.
- What are the 5 shampoos and conditioners
and what are their benefits?
- Nourishing Shampoo/Conditioner - Nourishes and revives dry, damaged and brittle hair
- Balancing Shampoo/Conditioner - Balances and regulates normal to oily hair
- Moisturizing Shampoo/Conditioner - Moisturizes and controls frizzy and unruly hair
- Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner - Adds volume and shine to fine, thinning, and flyaway hair
- Soothing Shampoo/Conditioner - Gently cleanses hair and regulates dry and sensitive scalp
- What are the active herbal ingredients in the 5 shampoos and conditioners?
- Nourishing - Ginseng, Sandalwood, and Gardenia
- Balancing - Arnica, Cardamom Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Sarsaparilla, and Schizandra
- Moisturizing - Jasmine, Chinese Angelica, Lily Root, Sage, and Sandalwood
- Thickening - Lotus, Chinese Asparagus, and Mulberry
- Soothing - Bamboo, Chrysanthemum, Aloe Vera, and Lycium Berries
- What are the 5 body care products and what are their benefits?
- Body Lotion - Contains extracts of orange blossom and dang gui to soothe and rehydrate. Also contains Chinese rose and mother of pearl - traditional Chinese herbal antioxidants.
- Body Scrub - Contains extracts of green tea and Chinese angelica to soften and tone. Also contains wild rice and oatmeal to help relax body and soul.
- Body Wash - Contains extracts of wild yam and safflower to cleanse and rejuvenate. Also contains Chinese angelica and green tea, which helps purify skin.
- Anti-Stress Bath Soak - Contains extracts of Chinese rose, valerian, and ginseng to relax body and soul. Also contains lotus seed and bai shao - additional calming herbs that balance the internal system.
- Body Smoother - Contains almond and sesame oil to exfoliate and soften skin. Also contains schizandra and peppermint to uplift the spirit.
- What does Chinese Herbal Therapy mean?
Chinese Herbal Therapy is one of the main components of Traditional Chinese medicine. It is different from Western Herbalism in that it consists of remedies comprised of herbs traditionally found in China. For the past two to three thousand years, the Chinese have been using herbs (300 herbs are commonly used in this practice) to treat internal and external ailments.
- What does “The Holistic Essence of Beauty” mean?
Té Tao uses active herbal ingredients to provide exceptional hair and body care from the inside out. These herbs have been used for thousands of years to promote physical and mental well-being. They work to promote inner balance and serenity in addition to providing high-quality natural care to your hair and body.
- What does holistic mean?
Holistic means "considering the whole". Holistic medicine is an approach to medical care that emphasizes the study of all aspects of a person's health including physical, psychological, social, economic, and cultural factors.